As a forum for NCO professional development, we highly encourage submissions from all viewpoints, but we ask that you read and agree to the Terms of Participation listed below. Please ensure your material is directly related and relevant to NCO professional development. The experience and knowledge you share through this website will help foster present and future NCOs and positively affect the future of the United States Army. Take advantage of this forum to pass on your hard-earned knowledge and experience, mentor and be mentored, so that all NCOs can benefit from the open exchange of ideas. Please note the following Submission Guidelines:
- There is no limit to article length but, as noted below, we reserve the right to edit your submission.
- Email your submission as a Microsoft Word document.
- If available, please provide any and all multimedia content that supports your submission (photographs, video, audio, etc.) at the highest resolution possible along with a detailed description in Microsoft Word.
- We welcome story ideas, information about events involving NCO participation, suggestions and recommendations relevant to NCO professional development or to the improvement of the NCO Journal website and its social media sites.
Terms of Participation
The Department of Defense reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted as a comment to the information provided for display or placed on the social media sites in its sole discretion, without notice. Comments submitted to these sites will be reviewed and a representative sample may be posted on the site or inappropriate comments may be deleted at the sole discretion of the Department of Defense. Remember this is an official Department of Defense website, and you represent yourself when commenting. Senior Army leaders will, at times, read these comments. We hope to receive submissions from all viewpoints, but we ask that all participants agree to the following Terms of Participation:
- To ensure constructive questions, please post only questions directly related and relevant to the Department of Defense and to the noncommissioned officer corps.
- Refrain from posting questions that contain threats, obscenity, material that would violate the law if published here, abusive, defamatory or sexually explicit material.
- Submissions containing the following will be deleted:
- Contains obscene or threatening language or discrimination (hate speech) based on race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
- Promotes services or products (not including non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic)
- Includes any personal or sensitive information (phone numbers, email or postal addresses)
- Operational Security (OPSEC). All personnel (including families and friends of service members) have a responsibility to ensure that no information that might put our military members in jeopardy or would be of use to our adversaries is posted to websites that are readily accessible to the public. Not surprisingly, that information includes, among other things, technical information, operation plans, troop movement schedules, current and future locations of military units and ships, descriptions of overseas bases, details of weapons systems, or discussions of areas frequented by service members overseas. Other information that’s not as obvious but should also not be discussed in an open forum includes daily military activities and operations, equipment status, unit morale, and results of operations. Any of these topics, if released in an open medium, have the ability to provide our adversaries opportunities to harm our military members.